After performing over 400 home inspections in the Bahía de Banderas area, we noticed 9 of the most common issues we will potentially find. Below is a list of what we typically observe during our inspections and remedy with our repairs.
- Faulty Plumbing or Piping
- Mold & Mildew due to moisture issues
- Issues with Windows, Doors, and Trim
- Electrical Wiring and Systems – not to code and not grounded
- Improper Grading or Drainage
- Poor Functioning HVAC Systems and Maintenance
- Poorly Installed Tile
- Signs of Termite Damage or Infestation
- Regular maintenance
These issue generally fall into 4 major groups:
- Humidity and moisture issues
- Improper or cheap construction
- Changes in the building codes
- Lack of homeowner maintenance and upkeep
Obviously, there isn’t much a home owner can do to escape the humidity and moisture issues that come with living in the Puerto Vallarta area, but a home inspection and regular maintenance can go a long way to keeping your home healthy and comfortable for many years to come.